Presentation by Rick Prinzen, Chief Supply Chain Officer, Canadian Blood Services.
In this presentation, the Canadian Blood Service Distinctive Distribution Network is examined.
- Understand more about their organizational structure and how their unique supply chain operates
- Review the constraints and considerations for shipping blood everyday with small parcel shipments across the country
- How to navigate through blood products’ challenging time constraints, outdate considerations, temp control needs and emergency shipments
- Ensure the national inventory is balanced through ramped up collections to avoid shortages
- Discuss the complexities around shipping blood to remote and far north regions
Presentation by Navid Choudhury, Senior Manager, Supply Chain Planning, Novo Nordisk.
BEST PRACTICE SHARING: Learn about BPOG’s Collaborative Best- Practice Strategy for Temperature Controlled Transportation Validation.
- Discover what 14 pharmaceutical global companies involved in the working group have collaboratively determined to be the best-practice strategies for shipping lane and equipment validation
- Uncover potential solutions to your transportation challenges with an informative presentation featuring the expertise and experience of 14 big and small pharma manufacturers
- Benchmark your current strategies with the collective strategies of all the involved parties
Taking Flight with DISC: Life-Changing Wisdom for Anyone Who Has a Personality or Knows Someone Who Does
Check out our end of the day keynote by Merrick Rosenberg, CEO and Co-founder, Take Flight Learning, Author The Chameleon.
- Discover the four personality styles and how they affect the way you interact with others
- Gain the ability to quickly and accurately read people’s styles in any setting
- Understand how overusing your strengths creates weaknesses
- Learn how to intuit the intent behind people’s behavior
Presentation by Julie Carriere, VP Quality Assurance & Regulatory Affairs, Accuristix, a division of ATS
Canada offers challenges to temperature controlled shipments, from the size and breadth of the country to the wide range of temperatures throughout the year. 3PLs distributing across Canada for their clients face unique challenges of complexity that seem difficult to tame. In this presentation:
- Review the benefits to shippers of reusable pack-outs based on their experience as a high volume shipper
- Analyze the unique benefits within a multi-client (3PL) environment of having a universal pack-out
See results from Eli Lily's biologic shipping study launch exploring how they sent 5 different biologic products on the ocean:
- How they dealt with the different dynamics of launching from both Europe & US at the same time
- Discuss their expansion to different countries on the current platform
- Review the qualification & regulatory requirements for shipping biologics- change control process of each country
- How to deal with different expectations around the data temperature profiles for biologics
Ensuring Continuity of Care for our Patients: Addressing Drug Shortages in Canada and Industry – Wide Mitigation Techniques
Presentation by Jill Craven, VP Pharmacy Services, Mohawk Medbuy Corporation.
- Discuss the group buying organization structure and how back orders can cause severe delays
- Review the impact outsourced materials from India & China have on shortages in Canada
- How to prepare for shortages ahead of time by adjusting your inventory management & demand planning
- What are the impacts to the rest of the supply chain if corners are cut to lower costs? And the patient?
- Why are we seeing more shortages now than we ever have before?